Italian cuisine is considered to be one of the most exquisite cuisines in the world, preserving the ancient traditional recipes that have accumulated over thousands of years. You should not even mention the incredible number of types of pasta, meat and fish dishes, dishes from poultry and seafood. Each region of the country has its own secrets of cooking this or that food, but it is united by the presence of absolutely every recipe for fresh vegetables, the finest cheese, fresh olive oil and, of course, various spices and spices. Italian cuisine can be admired endlessly. Of course, the best solution would be to experience gastronomic delight in the historic homeland of dishes, but this is not always the case. In this case, we suggest that you recreate in your kitchen a festive atmosphere and cook a classic Italian carbonara with mushrooms.
This dish is the hallmark of an Italian restaurant. Each chef has his own pasta cooking secrets, but there is a classic recipe for carbonaras, which we propose to try out in our kitchen.
Grocery set for cooking carbonara with mushrooms
To cook Carbonara for four people, you should stock up on the following products:
- long pasta (spaghetti) – half a kilo;
- fresh mushrooms (champignons) – 250-300 g;
- smoked meat (bacon) – not more than 200 g;
- eggs – 2 pieces;
- hard cheese (Parmesan) – 100 g;
- not too high-fat cream – 1 cup;
- onion (bulb or leek);
- A mixture of peppers, herbs, spices, salt – in accordance with taste preferences.
- Some olive oil for roasting.
Step by step instructions for cooking carbonara with mushrooms
Carbonara is cooked very quickly, as a result of which a fairly satisfying and unusually tasty dish is obtained. Perhaps this is a win-win for dinner and get-togethers in a friendly company.
- Begin cooking dishes with sauce. To do this, break the eggs and gently separate the whites from the yolks. For the sauce will need only the yolks.
- In a deep bowl, whisk the yolks and at the same time pour in a thin stream of chilled cream.
- On a fine grater, rub hard cheese and add to the creamy egg mixture. Stir and set aside for a while.
- Smoked bacon is cut into small cubes (cubes) and spread on a preheated pan. If the bacon is too dry, add some olive oil to the pan. Fry bacon cubes to the state until the fat is cooked and they become crispy.
- We cut the onion into thin half-rings and fill it with hot (not boiling!) Water for a few seconds to remove excess bitterness and pungent odor. Give the drain water and spread to roasted smoked meats.
Tip! It is best to put chopped onion rings in a colander and spill hot water.
- Fillet the mushrooms with thin slices and add to the roasting bacon. It is not necessary to add oil, as the mushrooms will be perfectly roasted on the released bacon fat. Mix everything and leave on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Simultaneously with the preparation of the sauce should boil water for boiling pasta. We saltwater and we lower spaghetti in boiled water (macaroni can be broken in half).
Tip! Pasta for carbonara should be boiled until half cooked. Let it be better they are undercooked, with a hardcore, otherwise, the spaghetti will be mucous and sticky, and the dish will turn out to be tasteless.
- When the roast is ready, set the fire to a minimum and, gently stirring, pour in the egg-cream sauce with the cheese. Sprinkle with spices and pepper. We mix with a wooden spatula to prevent the formation of lumps, and when boiling us immediately remove from heat. If the sauce is too thick, add some warm cream and bring to a boil again.
Tip! Add salt when preparing the sauce is not worth it. Cheese and bacon will add a salty flavor.
- Drain the pasta and place it in the pan with the sauce. Stir and lay portions. Before serving, you can sprinkle the dish with grated cheese or Provencal herbs on top.
You can serve the dish in a different way: first, spaghetti is laid out in a plate, and the sauce with mushrooms and bacon is poured on top.
Call the guests to the table until the carbonara with mushrooms has cooled! Delicate creamy flavor of the sauce and the smell of smoked foods will awaken any gourmet appetite.