The art of kundalini yoga, based on meditative practices, mental and physical control and strength exercises, has been over 5,000 years old. In this connection, much in this direction is connected with faith, chakras, wearing white clothes and chants. But even if you are an inveterate skeptic and you are confused by the religious side of the issue, do not rush to immediately refuse. Regardless of whether you are interested in the spiritual side of the question or not, kundalini yoga can be useful for beginners.
As mentioned above, meditation and strength exercises underlie the practice. And so, and others can be engaged, regardless of life principles and religion. The priority, in this case, should be physical and mental health.
Why should I try kundalini yoga on myself?
The number of exercises that offer advanced kundalini yoga is amazing. There are so many that you can get confused.
We have selected for you a complex of 9 wonderful poses. They are designed to strengthen your willpower and abdominal muscles. Kundalini followers assure that these magic exercises, combined with the meditative environment in which they are trained, will help you become more resistant to stress and mood disorders, defeat laziness and negative thinking. You have improved self-esteem and posture. Already interested?
Try to do these exercises daily for 30 days and you will be amazed at the changes in your body and mind. You will definitely like it!
What exercises should I do?
Before starting your workout, make sure that you are wearing comfortable, unrestricted clothing. Exercises must be done on the floor, so take care of the yoga mat.
Do not forget to monitor your well-being during the session. Between each pose, you should take a break for at least 30 – 60 seconds. For complete immersion, it is advised to perform the exercises with closed eyes.
- Lie on your back. Taking a deep breath, lift one leg 90 degrees, pull your toes towards the ceiling. Keep your hands along your torso or under your hips – if you need additional support. Lower the leg, making a slow exhale. Continue the exercise for 3 minutes, alternating legs.
- The initial posture is the same as in the previous exercise. While inhaling, pull your left leg to your chest, bending it at the knee. At the same time, raise your right hand above your head. On the exhale, return to the starting position. Change legs and continue the exercise for 3 minutes.
- The next pose is one of the variations of the well-known “dog face down”. Starting position – standing on the mat. Bend forward and place your arms and legs on the floor at the maximum possible distance from each other, reach up with your coccyx. Knees can be slightly bent, but make sure that the heels do not come off the floor. Stay in this state for 2-3 minutes. Breathe measured.
- The following exercise is called the cobra pose. Starting position – lying on his stomach. Lean on your arms, arch your back. The palms should be located as close as possible to the body, elbows left slightly bent. Hold this position for 2 minutes, breathe deeply. Returning to the starting position, do not make sudden movements.
- Starting position – lying on your back, knees bent at the knees, feet pressed to the floor. Cross your arms behind your head. As you exhale, lift your upper body. Do it slowly – on 6 accounts. Just slowly, but inhale, go down. Do not tear the lower back from the floor and be careful not to strain your neck. Exercise duration – 2 minutes.
- Stay on your back, arms along your body. Lift your legs about 15 centimeters from the floor, tear off the shoulders from the mat, with your fingertips pull forward. To begin, freeze in this position for no more than 30 seconds. Gradually increase the duration to 2 minutes.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend your knees and try to clasp your ankles with your hands. Keep your head straight. Hold this position for 1 minute. Breathe deeply, relax.
- Get on your knees. Then crouch in the back, hands touching the ankles. Head back up. Stand in this position for 1 minute.
- Drop your hips on the heels. Lean forward so that your forehead touches the rug. Hands can stretch in front of you. Try to completely relax. Do the exercise for 1 minute.
Done! You have completed your first training session on kundalini yoga. Now do not forget to repeat it the next day. Good ideas will be engaged at the same time.